Is Mobile Money secure?
Mobile Money employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts. At a high level, Mobile Money offers the following security safeguards:
- Authentication - Mobile browser and application solution customers are authenticated for every interaction with any Mobile Money component. Customers are authenticated by username and password or by utilizing existing login credentials for single sign-on.
- Encryption - 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions within Mobile Money and between Mobile Money and other Fiserv solutions (e.g., core banking and payment systems).
- Fraud - Mobile Money incorporates mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Availability/Resilience - Mobile Money is protected against malicious attacks through software and server hardening measures.
- Audit Ability - Mobile Money provides full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.